23 Apr Poached Eggs on Potato & Bacon Pancakes
These Poached Eggs is simple to make, and can be served for breakfast, brunch or even for your lunch.
½ cup chopped onion
1 ½ cups coarsely grates peeled russet (baking) potatoes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
2 slices of lean bacon, chopped
4 large eggs, poached
1 cup herb hollandaise
4 watercress sprigs for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the onion, potatoes, salt and pepper
2. Scatter the bacon in four 4-inch rounds, 2 inches apart, on a non-stick griddle and arrange a ½ cup of the potato mixture on top of each round, patting it put into 4 ½ inch pancakes, covering the bacon completely
3. Cooke the pancakes on the griddle over moderately low heat, undisturbed, for 20 minutes, increase the heat to moderate and cook the pancakes for 5 – 10 minutes more, or until the undersides are browned.
4. The pancakes may be kept warm in a preheated 250-degree oven for up to 30 minutes
5. Remove the hot poached eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and pat them dry carefully with paper towels
6. Arrange the pancakes on heated breakfast plates, top each one with a poached egg and spoon some hollandaise over the eggs